LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I load history data to a chart?

I am using a chart to display some signals I am acquiring, and I am logging the data simultaneously to disk.

When the VI starts I would like to read the latest log file and populate the chart with the contents. 

Is there any way to do this? I have tried setting the History property, and the chart does draw the data but it is not "really there" ie. when the chart scale is resized that data goes away, and also the chart starts drawing the new acquired data on top of the history data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,739 Views)

Just to clarify -- I am trying to "restore" the state of the chart in the event of the monitoring VI being shut down. Just asking if there is another way other than using a graph instead of a chart.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,735 Views)

You should be able to restore the history just fine... this snippet I made works this way. The history is set and then new data is added in and it follows the history.

We have history.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,731 Views)