LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I limit workspace in 2D array graphic representation?

Hello,

I have an 2D array and I would like to visualize it as a 2D grayscale map. What function would be suitable for that? Also, I would like to give user to ability to limit the workspace by encircling the desired area with a mouse and removing the rest. Is it even possible? I know I can set the limitations in numeric controls and just "cut" the sides of my map but can it be done with a mouse?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,456 Views)

(LabVIEW is a full featured programming envorinment, so everything is possible!)

As a display, I would recommend an intensity graph with a greyscale Z color ramp. You can use mouse events to interact with it and dynamically modify the displayed array data.

Another possibility would be a picture indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,453 Views)

For some ideas, have a look at this post or this post or anything else in that thread.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,444 Views)

Sorry if this will be idiotic question: but I don't get this mouse event. How does it really work? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,395 Views)

Open the example finder and look at e.g. "Draw Graph with Events". See how far you get.

A similar method can also be used for images (example)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,388 Views)

Ok I just can't get one thing straight. On my intensity graph I created 2 cursors. Now I use Cursos Release event, so that I will receive coordinates of my cursos when released. How can I get coordinates of 2 cursors separately? My vi attached.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,368 Views)

Hi,

to read values from both cursors, you need to use the "Active Cursor" property node for the intensity chart and read them sequentially:

cursor.png

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,348 Views)