From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I improve or optimize this VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm learning C++ and I did this excercise from How to program in C++ Deitel (P7-10) (Salesperson Salary Ranges) Use a one-dimensional array to solve the following problem. A company pays its salespeople on a commission basis. The salespeople each receive $200 per week plus 9 percent of their gross sales for that week. For example, a salesperson who grosses $5000 in sales in a week receives $200 plus 9 percent of $5000, or a total of $650. Write a program (using an array of counters) that determines how many of the salespeople earned salaries in each of the following ranges (assume that each salesperson’s salary is truncated to an integer amount):

a) $200–299
b) $300–399
c) $400–499
d) $500–599
e) $600–699
f) $700–799
g) $800–899
h) $900–999
i) $1000 and over

I solved the problem in C++ but I did this problem in LabVIEW and I solved it too... but i think that my code in LabVIEW could be better so could you check it please?

Sorry I can't to upload my .cpp fileD:!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,718 Views)

http://labviewwiki.org/Case_Structure

Tricks

• Ranges
    An integer case structure accepts ranges to limit the number of cases. These ranges can be closed (3..10) or open (3..) where every value above 2 is executed
Message 2 of 7
(2,706 Views)

I dont think you need case structures.

Simplification.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,667 Views)

The Threshold 1D Array also works well in this situation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,659 Views)

You can also use the General Histogram vi.

Using Histogram.png

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,622 Views)

Hey Sandal waht is the sintax to get ranges in the structure case? Or How can I use the ranges in that structure?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,605 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abraham.oash

@abraham.Sanchez wrote:

Hey Sandal waht is the sintax to get ranges in the structure case? Or How can I use the ranges in that structure?

it only works for integers, but you simpliy type e.g.

• "5..9" (5,6,7, 8 or 9)
  • "4,7,11..13"  (4,7,11,12,13)
  • "..5" (five or less)
  • "8.." (8 or higher)
  • "..2, 5.." (anything except 3 or 4)
  • etc,
  • don't forget the default case for anything else

Message 7 of 7
(2,591 Views)