LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my log-scaled chart to zoom in closer than one order of magnitude?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have data that sometimes varies over many orders of magnitude, and sometimes varies narrowly. To handle the former gracefully, I chose to use a log scale on the chart for this data. However, when the differences are subtle, the chart does not close in any tighter than 1 order of magnitude.

Is there a way to get the chart to come in closer automatically? I've definitely seen ticks for 3.5*10^N, not just 1*10^N - but now they don't appear, let alone using them as the boundaries of the graph.

I'd rather not have to track the chart data in the program and use property nodes to change the scale programmatically myself!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,327 Views)

Isomers,

What kind of chart are you using in your program? You can put the WaveformChart Property node in a case structure that can adjust the autosize accordingly (or disable it). You can also Programmatically Control the Size of a Waveform Chart. Let me know what you are specifically looking to do programatically and I can see if we have a property and architecture that can perform this action.

Best,

Jason M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lsomers

Right-click...y-scale... uncheck "loose fit". Also set to autoscale.

Message 3 of 9
(3,294 Views)

I was for that in the chart properties, but it only appeared in the contextual menu. That's odd. Anyway, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,281 Views)

@lsomers wrote:

That's odd. Anyway, thanks!

I agree and posted a new idea. Please vote for it! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,265 Views)

Hi 

What 'Loose Fit' all about?

Can you help with an example VI, which help explaining this?

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,233 Views)

moderator1983 wrote:

What 'Loose Fit' all about?

Can you help with an example VI, which help explaining this?

Here is the property description. (If loose fit is off, the scale goes from the data minimum to the data maximum.)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,223 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Here is the property description. (If loose fit is off, the scale goes from the data minimum to the data maximum.)

I've seen this, but was not getting a clear picture, how the graph looks with 'Loose Fit' True and how it looks when this property is False...!!

I'm too lazy, so was asking you to make one...!!Smiley Wink

Anyways... I made it myself.Smiley Happy

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,215 Views)

Yes, it is usually best to make a small example e.g. with two otherwise identical graphs containing the same data and then see how this setting makes a difference. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,194 Views)