From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix error "NI ServiceLocator is not running"?

I get an error saying "NI ServiceLocator is not running" when I try to open LabVIEW 7.0 examples. I have followed the advice in troubleshooting but stopping and restarting the service but that doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
(6,649 Views)
Solution :
The NI Service Locator is a service that runs in the background of the operating system. This service enables the proper execution of several features including the LabVIEW Example Finder and some help options in LabVIEW. If this service is not running or is not running correctly, some of these features will not execute correctly. A simple thing to try is to restart the service. You can do this by opening up the Windows Services window by going to Start » Control Panel » Administrative Tools » Services. In the list of services you should see: NI Service Locator. To restart this service, right-click on the entry and select Stop. Wait a minute until the service has stopped and then right-click and select Start. Restart LabVIEW and see if you still get t
his error.
Message 2 of 2
(6,648 Views)