LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I draw lines on pictures that are inside a Pic Ring?

I already know how to draw lines using coordinates clusters and array bundles and stuff, but how can I draw lines ontop of pictures that are inside a Pic Ring?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,793 Views)

You could place a transparent picture on top of the Pic Ring and draw on that.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,765 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying. However, per your suggestion, I've been trying to implement this, but it's been no dice. I think I need to insert the transparent GIF or PNG programmatically or else I can't gain access to it on the Block Diagram. (I've inserted pictures manually onto the Front Panel just by Drag-Dropping, and they appear there, but they aren't accessible on the Block Diagram.)

Anyway, when I inserted the PNG it came up as a bunch of checkered squares which I think denotes that it should be transparent, but it isn't. Also no matter what I do it resides behind the Pic Ring, which in this case it needs to be in front of the Ring.

Could you tell me how you go about implementing this?

I've attached the file I'm working with below so you can get a better idea. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,668 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying. However, per your suggestion, I've been trying to implement this, but it's been no dice. I think I need to insert the transparent GIF or PNG programmatically or else I can't gain access to it on the Block Diagram. (I've inserted pictures manually onto the Front Panel just by Drag-Dropping, and they appear there, but they aren't accessible on the Block Diagram.)

As you found, an image on the front panel has no meaning on the block diagram.
And you can't access Images in a Pic Ring from the block diagram.

Depending on your project requirements, you could use two picture controls, one for the image and one for drawing.
Or perhaps a single picture control (No Pic Ring) that is loaded with an image - then draw your lines on the image.

There are lots of options. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

Anyway, when I inserted the PNG it came up as a bunch of checkered squares which I think denotes that it should be transparent, but it isn't.

I'm not sure what container you were trying to insert the PNG into.
I was able to insert a transparent png file into your Pic Ring without any issues.

Also no matter what I do it resides behind the Pic Ring, which in this case it needs to be in front of the Ring.

Use the "Reorder" feature to control who gets to be on top.
The Reorder button is on the front panel menu bar.
(Select the Pic Ring and select "Move to Back".)

The attached example has a Pic Ring with two pictures that flip back and forth.
Lines are drawn on the picture control sitting on top of the Pic Ring.

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,623 Views)