From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable messages generated by Remote Panel?

I created an application (EXE) to server its panel to other network clients.

I used the Tools > Web Publishing Tool to generate a HTML code to create two different web pages to access this application using Web server:

- Embedded (for some users who need visualize the panel in real time).
- Monitor (to display panel snapshots to users updated every 1 second).

I don't need anyone controlling the remote panel, so I used this option:
Tools > Options > Web Server: Browser Access and checked Allow Viewing (not controlling) for every client connected.

Ok, both are working fine. But it a user try to Request control of VI on the Embedded page (right click in the remote panel), the application running in the server displays a message: Denied control request from XXX: Check permissions.

The embedded page stills working fine, but in the Monitor page that message appears in a box (see attached picture below)..

Is there a way to disable all messages in the remote panel? I realized that I need to access the computer where the application EXE is running to close the message.

I'm thinking in two solutions:
- Unable the right click menu in the embedded page to avoid clients request control of the remote panel.
- Run a code in the application to erase messages generated.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Klein

Message Edited by Klein on 08-06-2008 12:54 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,413 Views)

Could I programmatically disable messages generated in remote panels?

Or simulate a mouse click to erase the message box created when someone try request control of the remote panel?

Thanks,

Klein

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,404 Views)

Klein,

I don't think there is a way to disable this message from LabVIEW.

You could either use the Monitor option, wich would send images of your front panel but would not be able to monitor in real time (2-3 secs delay), or try to find a way to disable right clicking your webpage with java embedded on your html code.

Dario Camargo

NI Brazil

Message 3 of 4
(2,378 Views)
Hi Dpcamargo,

I'm already using monitor with a delay of 1 second and this doesn't seems real time like remote panel visualization.

But you sent me a good tip: use java code to cancel right clicks at all....

I will try this solution. 
Hey, we are both brazilians! So, thank you so much, Dpcamargo.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,368 Views)