LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I determine which Additional National Instruments Installers to include in an Installer Build?

I prefer this idea.

Basically, we would be able to distribute a skeleton application that would automatically download and install any missing components.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(341 Views)

I voted this idea a while ago (2009-12-11) and have had a few memory reset since (I get one every weekend basically) so I completely forgot about it. It is indeed a great idea but many of my customers have to install from a DVD onto a computer that doesn't have internet so in some cases I would still want to build installers that includes all the "secondary installers" required for my app.

In fact I see these 2 ideas as separate and complementary. LabVIEW needs has to scan a project to tell the user what modules are required for the app, I think this is really a must have feature. Jim's idea, IMO is a nice to have that could come on top of the first idea.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(334 Views)

This was my contribution to the cause:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/LabVIEW-App-Builder-Should-Determine-and-Minimize-Dist...

Bottom Line from NI:  "Don't hold your breath..." Smiley Sad

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(326 Views)