LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create an installer for my project that can work on 32-bit Windows if I have 64-bit Windows Vista?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I made a LabVIEW project that works perfectly and made an installer for it. I tested the installer on my own computer and everything worked well. The goal for my installer was to put it on multiple computers. So I tried to do this on another computer that has Vista 32-bit and it told me that the installer can only run on 64-bit computers. I tried to choose to install run-time 32bit and it did not change anything, there was still a message to tell me that this installer only can be ran on 64-bit computers. How can I make an installer that works on 32-bit computers? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,121 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Langelier

I betieve that you need to install the x86 32bit version on your PC too and build an installer from that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,119 Views)

I'm guessing you are using a 64-bit LabVIEW.  Have you tried building the installer with 32-bit LabVIEW?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,116 Views)

No, I did not try it, and yes I have the 64-bit version of LV. Will my project work on 32-bit version even if created on 64-bit version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,112 Views)

@Langelier wrote:

Will my project work on 32-bit version even if created on 64-bit version?

The code will have to recompile, but yes it should work.  I recommend making a backup before proceeding just in case.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,106 Views)