From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create an installer for my project that can work on 32-bit Windows if I have 64-bit Windows Vista?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I made a LabVIEW project that works perfectly and made an installer for it. I tested the installer on my own computer and everything worked well. The goal for my installer was to put it on multiple computers. So I tried to do this on another computer that has Vista 32-bit and it told me that the installer can only run on 64-bit computers. I tried to choose to install run-time 32bit and it did not change anything, there was still a message to tell me that this installer only can be ran on 64-bit computers. How can I make an installer that works on 32-bit computers? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,133 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Langelier

I betieve that you need to install the x86 32bit version on your PC too and build an installer from that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,131 Views)

I'm guessing you are using a 64-bit LabVIEW.  Have you tried building the installer with 32-bit LabVIEW?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,128 Views)

No, I did not try it, and yes I have the 64-bit version of LV. Will my project work on 32-bit version even if created on 64-bit version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,124 Views)

@Langelier wrote:

Will my project work on 32-bit version even if created on 64-bit version?

The code will have to recompile, but yes it should work.  I recommend making a backup before proceeding just in case.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,118 Views)