LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure an ni6501 to use one port for input and one for output.?

HOw can I configure an NI6501 to use one port for input and one port for output?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,773 Views)

What have you tried so far?

In theory it should be as simple as using two "DAQmx Create channel" calls from the DAQmx palette, one as Digital Input and one as Digital output, and put the corresponding reference into the "lines" input on each call ("NI6501/port0/line3" or whatever).  You should then be able to call the "DAQmx read" VI on both and the "DAQmx write" VI just on the output terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Have you tried plugging your device in and starting MAX?  Let MAX find your device and show you the Input and Output ports.  While in MAX, write some test code to generate sample input and output (you could even run a wire on your device from the Output Port you selected to the Input Port you selected, start both Test Panels [Hmm -- I'm assuming that MAX will let you have two Test Panels running at once, my apologies if this isn't possible] and confirm that it does what you expect.

If you can set up a Test Panel, then you can also set up a Task, either in MAX or, better yet, inside the Project where you hope to use this device.  In Project, right-click your Target (probably "My Computer"), choose "New DAQmx Task", and set it up.  Now when you drop a Start Task function on your Block Diagram, you can create a Constant on the Task In terminal, click the little down arrow, and it will show you the Tasks that it "knows" about, namely the ones you created in the Project or in MAX.  Select it, and all of your settings will be applied.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 4
(2,754 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,865 Views)