LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I communicate from one PC to another PC using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Iam new to LabVIEW and need help. How can I communicate from one PC to another PC using LabVIEW. i.e how to connect to another PC's IP address using LabVIEW. Thanking You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,608 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vindsan123

There are quite a few methods of network communications in LabVIEW.

Here are some of them, in no particular order:

- Network Shared Variables

- Network Streams

- HTTP Client VIs and Web Services

- TCP

- UDP

(There are also pre-written messaging libraries that are based on UDP/TCP)

The decision of which one to go for depends on many factors (e.g. do you need to read the latest value of variables, stream data losslessly, broadcast data or send messages/packets of data etc.). I suggest you have a look at some of the examples in the example finder (Help -> Find Examples...). If you are really new to LabVIEW, I suggest you take some some of the free LabVIEW tutorials - take a look at the links near the bottom of the first post in this thread.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 4
(3,595 Views)

Iam the same person who put the above question. Actually I want to connect a pc to network attached storage device to copy data from the pc into the network attached storage device, as a means of backing up my data. I am struggling to find out how. I have been going through examples and videos but couldnt find out how. Could you please help me. Thanking vou.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,489 Views)

If it is a network attached storage device, it will just appear as a drive or network folder location on the PC. You can use the File I/O functions to read/write the files with the appropriate path (either a network drive letter or a UNC network path e.g. \\server\folder). The OS handles all of the networking for you, in this case.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 4
(3,463 Views)