LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the position the MoveAbsolute method moves a motor toward?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm just starting LabView and still am stuck on motor control methods. How do I set the angle or position to which the motor will move (or turn in the case of MoveAbsoluteRot), and can I set the velocity getting there? All help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,831 Views)
Duplicate: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/What-are-the-parameters-and-outputs-of-the-activex-methods/m-p/29003...

Please stop creating duplicate threads with the same question. As I mentioned in your original post, the place to get full information on third party software is from the provider of that software. You really don't have a LabVIEW problem as much as a problem understanding the third party api and outs documentation.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,816 Views)

Even though it's part of LabView's sort of syntax?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,810 Views)

Command syntax/protocal is set by the manufacturer.  In this case, LabVIEW is merely acting as a tool for you to pass those messages.  What messages you use and what values are entered depend entirely on the product you are using.

Some systems accept string messages over RS232 or GPIB, others may require DLL function calls.  We can't really tell you how to do it if you can't tell us what is required.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,805 Views)

I only know that the Thorlabs equipment that I'm trying to automate is controlled through APT software to something related to LabView's ActiveX functions. I realyy have no idea how the softwares interact because it already somewhat works, what I am trying to determine is how to make programs specific to their hardware, which involves specific moving functions on which I cannot find any info.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Smartguy
It is not LabVIEW syntax. The actual properties and methods are defined by Thorlabs. The proper values are defined by Thorlabs. The functions in LabVIEW are merely displaying the names of the properties/methods and the names of the inputs and outputs to the Thorlabs ActiveX dll. There is nothing in LabVIEW itself that can determine the order you must call a particular series of properties/methods or their values. Error detection and reporting is done by the ActiveX dll.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,795 Views)