LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my system resolution from 1024x800 to 800x600 from labview programatically

When I make any project from labview and suppose my system resolution is 1024x800 or higher at that time, then all my screens will be save with that proportions.
When i open my project with another resolution then all screens get disturbed.
My requirement is that, my project must have compatibility with all system resolutions.
When I enter in application it should change the system resolution correspondingly to support my screen proportions and on exiting the application it should again regain the previous resolution.
Tell me How is it possible in labview?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,442 Views)
Right click on the VI Icon > Vi Properties .. > Window size  and check the box that says Maintaim window propotions for different monitor resolutions.  That should take care of your problem.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,435 Views)
If you are comfortable with dll and win32 I think there is a changeScreenResolution() function in the user32.dll but I havent tested it out.  The LV application properties node will allow you to get the current screen settings and prompt the user to change them to an acceptable setting.  The maintain wit resolution option is a good one but doesn't always look as good as intended since the font size and allignment sometimes gets a little messed up (this might be fixed since I use v. 7.0)  Good luck.  Let me know if you get a dll function for resolution to work.

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,430 Views)
can u help me for this by developing vi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,177 Views)
have u get any solution for this problem
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,176 Views)
I also have a similar problem.  I am developing VIs that will be HMIs on a variety of computer resolutions.  I am using 8.6 and for whatever reason it's not very friendly for deploying on lower resolutions.  Hence my need for a resolution solution.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,079 Views)