LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I call a VI in another VI?

I want to call b.VI in a.VI, how can i do?

For example,  there have one  CALL button in a.VI, when i push this button, the b.VI will be open and a.VI should be closed. And in b.VI, .there have a button name BACK, when i push this button, the b.vi will be closed and it back to a.VI.

pls do me a favor to give me some clue, thanks.
Message 1 of 9
(9,469 Views)
Using invoke node and reference you can do this. here i am posting an example for that. Copy both vi's to the same directory. a1 is the main vi

Download All
Message 2 of 9
(9,459 Views)

Thank you very much!

And i had try your sample vi,but i am so sorry to say that i can't open it in my Labview7,could you give me some samples in or below Lv7.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,456 Views)
Hello,
i have converted the vis to LabVIEW 7.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,445 Views)

hello,

my task is same but i want to stop  the a.vi by calling b.vi ....i mean by application is running in a.vi and for closing tht application i have made b.vi. so how i will call b.vi to stop a.vi? please suggest.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,427 Views)

(never mind)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,278 Views)

@AjinkyaM wrote:

hello,

my task is same but i want to stop  the a.vi by calling b.vi ....i mean by application is running in a.vi and for closing tht application i have made b.vi. so how i will call b.vi to stop a.vi? please suggest.

In my code, that would require b.vi to send a command to a.vi via a queue, user event, or notifier.  Can you provide some more of your architecture setup?  There are just way too many possibilities and roadblocks here to go any further without that foundation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,261 Views)

Tim, this is actually an old question and apparently continued here long ago.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,252 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Tim, this is actually an old question and apparently continued here long ago.

*FACE PALM*

You were just trying to mess with me with your above reply, weren't you?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,245 Views)