From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build an application that deploys my shared variable library?

I have a VI that I want to build into an application and put on a non-development machine. I am using a shared variable which obviously is contained in a library. In the VI itself I can deploy the library by specifying a path. Is there a way to build the application so that the library is deployed automatically when the .exe launches? I want to get away from having the end user to have to know where the library is and set the path correctly.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,875 Views)
Hello!

You can add this library under the Installer settings.
Then you can set the path in the vi as follows: <name of the directory of the .exe>/installer

Kind Regards, Christian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,814 Views)

Christian - I am not quite following you. I try to put the shared library into the installer properties and I am getting a message about the Labview library not having a common path as the projects library or someting like that. Can you be a little more specific as far as how I should actually perform the two steps you were talking about?

Thanks,

Troy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Hi Troy,

Sorry, but I think I missundersood you.

I think you have to deploy the library programmaticaly by using the Application Control functions (OpenAppRef, InvokeNode)

I didn't test this but the following picture shows how to start:

Kind Regards, Christian

Message Edited by Christian_M on 01-05-2006 09:11 AM

Message Edited by Christian_M on 01-05-2006 09:11 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,790 Views)
Sorry Troy,

I had i kind of troubles with html in the last post, the following link shows the image:

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,787 Views)