LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build an application that deploys my shared variable library?

I have a VI that I want to build into an application and put on a non-development machine. I am using a shared variable which obviously is contained in a library. In the VI itself I can deploy the library by specifying a path. Is there a way to build the application so that the library is deployed automatically when the .exe launches? I want to get away from having the end user to have to know where the library is and set the path correctly.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,877 Views)
Hello!

You can add this library under the Installer settings.
Then you can set the path in the vi as follows: <name of the directory of the .exe>/installer

Kind Regards, Christian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Christian - I am not quite following you. I try to put the shared library into the installer properties and I am getting a message about the Labview library not having a common path as the projects library or someting like that. Can you be a little more specific as far as how I should actually perform the two steps you were talking about?

Thanks,

Troy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,796 Views)

Hi Troy,

Sorry, but I think I missundersood you.

I think you have to deploy the library programmaticaly by using the Application Control functions (OpenAppRef, InvokeNode)

I didn't test this but the following picture shows how to start:

Kind Regards, Christian

Message Edited by Christian_M on 01-05-2006 09:11 AM

Message Edited by Christian_M on 01-05-2006 09:11 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,792 Views)
Sorry Troy,

I had i kind of troubles with html in the last post, the following link shows the image:

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,789 Views)