LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Synchronize Different State Machines in Different Chips

Hi to all,

I have to develope an embedded control system using an sbRIO target in which more or less I found that the way to do it is this way:

- In the FPGA I will read the Ins and write the Outs

- In the RT proccessor there will be the RT Control loop

both loops will be state machines so I could switch between different states. At the FPGA between Safe State and Operation and at the RT between Initialization, Safe State, Running (Different control algorithms) and so.

Besides of that I will have a Windows Host VI in which I could view some relevant data and send orders to the target, like Run, Stop, Switch to Safe and so.

ALthough I am not new to LV, my concerns are with the best way to implement that way of synchronism between different targets, all the system is supposed to run at startup in safe mode, but when I  click Run button on the GUI, I want the target to respond and start the control phase.

I have in mind  to use enums for the SM states, but my question is regarding to how to implement the state switching, like how to tell from RT to the FPGA to change to Operation mode, and so. Do you think that with a Boolean Control like "State Change?" set initially to false and set periodically to True by the RT loop it shoul work? How do I have to set the mechanical action? I am questioning that because I am guessing myself that if I set it to latch when pressed for example, would the FPGA be able to be aware of that and switch state?

And If I set to switch.... Wouldn´t it be swtiching bewteen states continuously until another state in the RT release the button?

How you would do it? Or anyone could push me to some RT good examples of that?

Thanks a lot!!

Best.

LabVIEW Enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Hi,

just fond this document:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6375

I am intended to read it during the day, I hope it will give some light in the matter.

LabVIEW Enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,643 Views)

Well.... Goodluck mate,Smiley Happy

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,641 Views)

Any kind of help or orientation is welcome!!

LabVIEW Enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,591 Views)