LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Fast are cRIO Inputs Updated?

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you Crossrulz. I have created the following two VIs, with the top one running on the cRIO and the bottom one running on my host PC, is that correct?

Network Streams.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,335 Views)

I got the network stream transmitting some data, but the data still only seems to be changing about every 1 second. Am I supposed to get the data off the cRIO by some method besides the shared variables?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Gregory

Gregory,

Speed Issue:

1) Check cRIO Scan Period (right-click cRIO in project) set to at most 100ms

2) NI-9208 Conversion Time - right-click module - High Resolution 52ms - High Speed = 2ms
    Note these are PER channel times - 10 channels = 20ms

PC Communication - Network Streams definitely the way to go.

At least on your cRIO (both is better) you should detect a connection error and retry.

Otherwise you would have to restart the cRIO when restarting the Host application.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 15
(1,325 Views)

Thank you stevem!

It is a 16-channel module, so what I thought was a 1 second delay was actually an 832ms delay (16 channels * 52ms). After changing the module from high resolution mode to high speed mode I can read much more quickly!

Thank you also to Crossrulz and Corey, the suggestions about network streams will be useful as I continue to work more with cRIOs.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,321 Views)

My pleasure. Glad you got it resolved! Didn't even think about the module's configuration. Good thinking stevem.

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,299 Views)