cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Programmatically Launch a VI on host computer from RT tgarget

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi:

using an old version of labview (I suppose Lv 2009) I developped a project to acquire data from cRIO target and storage those in windows pc. In main Vi running on RT target I wrote a procedure to launch a VI on pc to save data. Attacched the part of code. I can remember it worked properly but when trying to do the same on new pc with Lv2015 and NI 9067 controller, it doesnt work and I cant open VI.

Do anybody have idea for that behaviour?

Thanks

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,529 Views)

Did you enable TCP/IP for VI Server in the options of your host computer's LabVIEW?  I don't believe that's enabled by default.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,499 Views)

Yes, I enabled TCP/IP protocol from VI Server option both on host computer and RT target using default settings but still not able to run vi from my rt controller, and i receive error 56.

Thank you for help

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,455 Views)

Default port in the options is 3363, right?  At least that's what it's currently set to in mine, but it's possible I changed it at some point in the past for some reason.  In your code you're specifying 3364, so make sure the port specified in the code matches the one specified in your LabVIEW options.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yixiao-uncle

I solved the problem by allowing access to RT target in Option-VI Server page

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,356 Views)