From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotplug Ethernet on cRIO-9012

Question:

Is it possible to have the deployed program periodically check if internet access is available?  It seems to only do one check on startup.

Current Situation:

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 as a wireless-to-ethernet bridge for my cRIO-9012 (RPi3 and cRIO-9012 connected through an ethernet cable) so I can get wireless access.  Deployed program is from LabVIEW 2015.

Problem:

If the RPi is given time to boot up prior to plugging it in to the cRIO, everything works fine.  If they're turned on at the same time, the cRIO boots up faster and will not receive internet connection before executing the deployed program.  It doesn't receive internet access even after the RPi is finished booting up. 

* Note: If there are other suggestions on ways to get reliable wifi access on a cRIO-9012, that would be appreciated.  I'm using RPi3 because it was already being used for a different purpose as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,434 Views)

Could you assign it a static IP? If you do that, the cRIO should get that IP regardless of the boot order of your targets.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,413 Views)