From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal scrollbar of waveform chart in tab page resets to end when tab page switched

Hi X

Could you attach a simplified version of the code with which we could reproduce the issue in our side? I used the Vi of this thread and I could not reproduce the issue.

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(836 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(825 Views)

Hi X

I downloaded the VI but I have not been able to reproduce the issue, I have Windows 7 64 bits and  LabVIEW 2013 32bits.

Could you send me a screenshot of the error?

Have you seen the error video that is in this tread? Does it have the same behavior in your computer?

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(808 Views)

I am using the latest patched SP1 LV 2013 version on Windows XP 32 bit.

I can't watch that video.

Here is what happens:

Step 1: Run

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

Step 2: Move the scrollbar mid range

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

Step 3: Tab to Page 2

ScreenHunter_004.jpg

Step 4: Tab back to Page 1

ScreenHunter_005.jpg

Observe how the scrollbar (and graph) has snapped back to the end of the range.

This is a bug by any other name and that is a VERY ANNOYING one when you design an interface.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(805 Views)

Hello X.,

Thanks for posting your issue. Looking at it closer, I found that it actually does not have to do with the scroll bar and probably more with the default X Scale.Range:Maximum and X Scale.Range:Minimum being used to redraw the chart.

I have made some slight modifications to the program you sent in which should show how dynamically set the minimum and maximum of the chart so we can keep its position when flipping through tabs.

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(710 Views)

I have missed this late answer.

This indeed the workaround I have been using for a while (years) now, but this needs to be:

- filed a CAR for (please post the CAR number back in the thread for future reference)

- fixed

Message 16 of 16
(660 Views)