From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical Data Viewer does not show Alarms/Events after date but trace working.

Dear users

The DSC Historical Data Viewer no longer shows any Alarms or Events after 31/10/06 using Citadel 5 Universe.  The trace still works to current  time and you can search for the alarms by tag names in the trace and it works fine.  Therefore the database data is there. Does the Alarms/Events View use a different file?  Any help would be much appreciated as I'm a novice working with a predecessors project.
Please keep the answer simple.

Thanks

Dave
Message 1 of 2
(3,087 Views)
Hi Integrators,

Well I had drafted out a whole long post and it then died in me.  Sometimes I hate windows... anyway...

Might help.. maybe someone has turned off the Alarm viewing?

It may be a corrupt database.
The files you need to look at with all of the alarms in are files with the extensions "ale"

This link will give you a bit more information as to which of the file extensions apply to which database files.

Hope this all helps. (I am also handeling your e-mail query into NIUK so feel free to e-mail me back)
I'll keep looking into the problem.
Post back if you need more help.

AdamB
Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,070 Views)