LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest speed for a loop in the microprocessor of my CRIO?

Thanks for your help for improve the programation.

But maybe my problem is much more basic:

For be sure I developed this simple program(I attacht it) in the microprocessor, and even with this loop im not able to achieve loop iteration times lower than 1 ms (1 KHz).

What do you think about this? Looks like a limit of the processor..

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(350 Views)

Hi Alvaro,

are you sure about that? How fast can you watch your VI executing? 😄

The problem with pictures is: we cannot see what you have set as value for the loop timing. So just some comments:

- The timer value is given as U32, so the result of subtracting current timestamp with previous is either zero or one millisecond...

- Setting small microsecond values to wait for will not change the behaviour of the timestamp function...

Hint:

Try the TimedWhileLoop with a timing source of 1MHz (or whatever your cRIO supports). Now try to execute that loop with 2kHz or 5kHz and watch the "late execution" flag...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 13
(335 Views)

So, if I understood well, I cannot measure the timeloop time with the method of the clock and the shift register when the loop times are the order of microseconds.

Im not a experienced user with labview and CRIO, I dont know exactly what do you mean with a timming source of 1 MHz, and wacth the late execution flag for know the time loop period.

When I check the loop times I always do it using the method of clock and the shift register.

I also attach the the calculation SubVI with the method that I use for measure the time loop, this time is always higher than 2000 micreseconds, even in the processor of the computer, I think that could be a problem about how I measure the loop time(clock and shift register).

Thanks a lot

regards

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(320 Views)