From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High speed acquisition vision

I have a camera that allows me to acquire 40 kfps and NI-PCI-1433, but I only get 20 kfps, with the HL Grab.vi, I have to acquire continuously for 60 seconds and save the data in a file. Anyone know how to optimize the vi to be able to have the 40kfps ?, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,792 Views)

Hello Eneas,

Instead of using the HL Grab.vi you could use the Low-Level Grab.vi, which separates some of the functions and lets you customize more the VI. 

Another thing you could try is changing the number of taps that you are using, so you can make the processing faster. Here is a link with the user manual of the PCI 1433 so you can read more about it.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374001b.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Message 2 of 6
(2,735 Views)

Do you have NI MAX? See if you can change the fps there. If not, could you post the make and model of the camera?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)

with HL grab.vi i can determinate the frame rate but never obtaing the 40 kfps.
when i used the LL grab.vi i dont know how determinate the frame rate. in the manual dont say how save image in the NI PCI 1433 buffer, I don have more information about the camera. the sistem ismade Wasacht Photonics

Can you oriente me how i can resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,697 Views)

Having no idea about the details of your implementation, I will just throw one possible solution. At those acquisition rates, the integration time of the camera starts to be pretty short. Actually, if the integration time is longer than the acquisition rate period, it might affect the overall acquisition rate. Something to look at...

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,685 Views)

Hey. I know this seems kind of like a silly question, but have you read through the IMAQ user manual (linked below)? If you're going to use low level grab acquisition, then you must have a tight understanding of the API.

http://home.hit.no/~hansha/documents/lab/Lab%20Equipment/Vision%20System/resources/NI-IMAQdx%20User%...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,668 Views)