From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/show dynamically called VI

Hello,

I am just playing a bit with UserEvents to setup communications between a main and a dynamically called VI. So far I only used UserEvents for inter-VI communications between parallel loops, and I would like to practice a bit before starting to examine more complex patterns, like the DQMH. 

I just made a small test project, where I start a pop-up VI at starting of the MAIN, but in a hidden state. I would like to ask your opinion about this setup (so in general how to deal with this dynamic call + UserEvents), is it OK as I did, or if you have some better/alternative recommendations?

I feel for a simple pop-up VI which will only hold a XY Graph in a real application with some data visualization options (cursors, etc), I do not really need to start/close every time, I can just hide/show its front panel when needed.

Thanks for your opinion! (Note that, in this test project I skipped to build up a proper error handling strategy.)

MAIN_BD.png

Edit1: when I had to add new Event Refnum to my typedef cluster, I realized I do not see an easy way to totally control the name inside one ref. So for example when I needed a second Boolean UserEvent, I just duplicated the first one inside the cluster, and I gave it a new name. But this does not change the name of the Boolean control inside the reference control. Is there a good practice when we have to modify a typdef cluster in a project holding the UserEvent refums?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,580 Views)

For the previous edit:

refnums1.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,555 Views)