From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide serial number from LabVIEW startup screen.

Dennis,

you can use the Code Capture Tool to create a snippet that shows the Front Panel of a VI as well.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,483 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@candidus wrote:

I accidently discovered something: The serial number seems to be only required for activation, not for installation itself. If you don't use automatic activation you can enter whatever serial number you want on installation, you just have to use your real one when you activate it.

This is normal. You can even install without any serial number and it will be in evaluation mode.

If you don't activate, it will stop working after the evaluation period has expired.

While scrolling-reading missed something from the above quote, got a solution: 

1) Activate LabVIEW with a correct serial

2) Enter fake serial, try to activate again.

3) Enjoy fake serial on the screen, activated LabVIEW.

Drawback: fake everywhere, need to keep box with real serial.

Nevertheless, idea posted: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Hide-serial-number-from-splash/idi-p/1152943

Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(1,447 Views)

You can activate normally with the correct Serial Number then change the registry setting to anything you want.

HKEY_Local_Machine<<Software>>National Instruments>LabVIEW>>xxx(Version)>>SerialNo

Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
Message 33 of 36
(1,424 Views)

Thanks for sharing..

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(1,380 Views)

It did not work for me.........

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(1,375 Views)

For me worked changing the serial number in file (LabView 2010):

C:\Users\All Users\National Instruments\LVProductDLLInfo\{version}\LabVIEW_ADE_100000.ini

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(732 Views)