LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide ActiveX Control

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to use an ActiveX control supplied by a camera manufacturer (ImagingSource - http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/iclabviewextension/).  The control itself is the display of the camera image.  However, I wish to use the IMAQ image indicator because it has the ROI tools built into it.  The library that came with the control also has a conversion from the native ActiveX control image to an IMAQ image so conversion is not an issue.

My problem is that I only want to have to IMAQ image displayed, not the image from the ActiveX control.  When I right click the control from the block diagram and select "Hide Control" the control disappears, however when I save the VI the control reappears.  I also tried to create a property node to hide the control but it does not have that option available.

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,095 Views)

Hi Eric,

After doing some research, it seems like this may be a known issue since ActiveX controls are not native LabVIEW objects. One workaround you may try is putting the ActiveX control in a tab control and then hiding the tab control. Hope this helps!

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,064 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

So I didn't mention this in the initial post but I can't event select the control on the front panel.  If I want to delete it I have to delete it from the block diagram.  I can however resize it so I was able to place it properly.  It is definitely not a native LabVIEW object!  I attempted to hide the control and save again and lo and behold it didn't reappear (and hasn't after several more changes were committed and saved).  I'm not really sure what the issue was but it doesn't seem to be a problem now.  Again, thanks for the reply.

-Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,053 Views)

Old post, so sorry, but I've just found this thread with the same problem. It seems for me, if I save when the front panel has focus, it remains hidden, but if I save when the block diagram has focus, my ActiveX object pops back out. Posting this in case others find it (or maybe things have changed in the last 4 years and someone has a better workaround!)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,898 Views)

Are you able to edit the visibility or transparency of the control?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,873 Views)

Yes - I'm using a message from the Actor Framework pattern to toggle visibility.

I only wanted to set it to be hidden on the front panel at start. Perhaps a property node in a flat sequence structure or tied to the front of the VI with error wires is the simplest solution. 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,871 Views)

I agree that sounds like the simplest solution. Please let us know if it works for you or not

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,848 Views)