LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with modification of existing vi for graph

I have a program which can read data at faster speed using MATLAB script but I am unable to modify, wrirtten by someone else earlier . If anyone can help, I will be highly greatful. I am attaching the vi, I want to generate -10v for 8ms and +2V for 2 ms and 0 v for 30 to 50 ms. But whatever time duration value I give graph always show 2.5ms -10 V and 2.5 ms 3 V.  I am more interested to see the current profile during -10V and 3 v pulse  and save the data. No need to save data for 0v for 30 msec. The purpose is to monitor theprocess during negetive and positive pulse and stop the process for particular wave shape. Can someone help me out please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,587 Views)

What instrument are you trying to talk to (type, make, model)?  It looks like you are trying to call driver level function with the GPIB Write.  That is not going to work.  You need to know what the actual commands to your instrument are, typically found in the instrument's programming manual.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,546 Views)

Did you write the current VI that you attached, or was it written by someone else?  It is unclear if you (a) want help in learning sufficient LabVIEW to handle the development of this, and potentially other, projects using LabVIEW or (b) want to use LabVIEW (why?) to handle a particular task that was previously handled using Matlab code.

If you are the one writing the LabVIEW code, you need to think about what it is you want to do, and how you interact with the Instrument that "does the work".  Your VI shows GPIB Writes and Reads, and as Crossrulz notes, this implies that there is a specific Instrument whose commands you are generating -- you need to know the details of those commands and how the Instrument works.  You also need to think carefully about what you want to do, and how the (presumably multiple) tasks interact with each other and with Time.  Depending on your level of LabVIEW expertise, you may want to start with the Tutoral material available on the Web (see the first page of the LabVIEW Forum's Home Page, upper right).

If you are looking to have LabVIEW code developed for you, this is not the proper Forum for that.  If you look on the Forum's main page, there is a page for LabVIEW Developers seeking Employment.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,508 Views)