LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with configuring code/using phidgets

*To start, I am using Phidgets hardware.  So it helps if you have the Phidgets Labview library downloaded because I use some of their subVIs.

I want the user to input the voltages for the motor controller in the "start state".  I want the user to be able to input the voltages individually.  Then after they hit the start button, the temperature check will start.  Once the temperature gets high enough in the "temperature check"  and the main program turns on, I want the user to be able to control all of the voltage inputs to change the voltage of all of them at thesame time.  If the machine needs to be slowed down, I want the operator to be able to slow down all of the motors simultaneously.  I have my code like this now, but it freezes the program when I try to make any voltage adjustments.

OR

Would I be better eliminating the case structure in the start state and just adding a boolean case around the "motor control" case structure in the main program.  That way I could just make the "True"case the manual inputs of all of them and the "False" case can be where the voltages are all controlled simultaneously.  I can just add a button in for the user to switch between the two cases.

It's not crucial where the change, from handling the voltages individually to handling them together, occurs.  Just as long as it happens.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,103 Views)

ggpoly, 

I would recommend you to  make sure why is the application right as you have it right now freezing by making analysis of the memory usage and performance of your application by going to tools » profile »  Performance and Memory Window 

Profile Performance and Memory Window

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvdialog/profile/

I would strongly recommend you to discuss this into the Phidgets discussion forums where they have a LabVIEW section where you could post your questions regarding to controling Phidgets with LabVIEW.

Phidgets with LabVIEW discussion forums

http://www.phidgets.com/phorum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=f1d257ab1c55e4c548a21ea346656b51

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,037 Views)