From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Working VI to not close all instances of Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI that I found on the NI website.  It searched an excel file, in a specific cell location, etc "A1" and returns what ever is in that cell location.  Then it closes the file and Excel, including all other workbooks.  Can anyone help me change this so that it will only close the workbook that has been opened by the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,121 Views)

@Oneillp111 wrote:

I have a VI that I found on the NI website.  It searched an excel file, in a specific cell location, etc "A1" and returns what ever is in that cell location.  Then it closes the file and Excel, including all other workbooks.  Can anyone help me change this so that it will only close the workbook that has been opened by the VI?

Start learning the Excel Object Model. http://analysistabs.com/excel-vba/open-close-existing-workbook/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,110 Views)

Thanks. Not as helpful as I was hoping for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,101 Views)

@Oneillp111 wrote:

Thanks. Not as helpful as I was hoping for.

Maybe someone will do your work for you, but I prefer to learn how to do the work myself.

As for "not helpful", if you are going to use actual Excel and don't want to use the Report Generation Toolkit, then you had better get yourself familiar with the Excel Object Model.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,096 Views)

Wow, I was just looking for some help, you don have to be such a jerk, hows your moms basement??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,090 Views)

@Oneillp111 wrote:

Wow, I was just looking for some help, you don have to be such a jerk, hows your moms basement??

No, not help.

You were looking for someone to do work for you.

If you were looking for help, you'd post a VI of what you have attempted.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,084 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Oneillp111

HAHA, dont worry, I got it thanks buddy.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,076 Views)

@Oneillp111 wrote:

HAHA, dont worry, I got it thanks buddy.

That was magic, wasn't it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,070 Views)