From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Entering text

I am trying to give options for entering text.  Look at example attached.  All I know is that this is how I want it to look, but I'm not sure where to start.   I would like it so that once the option is picked (either AGE or NAME) and the answer is entered into the text box (for example: 29 or Mike), in the table it will show.......for example: my AGE is 29   or my NAME is Mike.  I want it to be so you can enter in as many options as you want and after be able to save the table  into a text file. 

So the finish product in the table will look something like:
     My AGE is 29
     My NAME is Mike. 
     My AGE is 33
     My AGE is 50
     My NAME is Greg

Any help given will be appreciated.
'the attachment shows the set up'
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,351 Views)
Here is something I threw together.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,335 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,334 Views)
I'M NOT QUITE SURE HOW THAT TIES IN WITH MY QUESTION.   I SEE HOW ONE THING CONTROLS ANOTHER THING BUT WHAT IF YOU WANTED TO DISPLAY THE INFORMATION SOMEWHERE ELSE?  LET SAY YOU WANTED TO TURN THE DIAL TO CONTROL THE WIND.  AND AFTER YOU TURN THE DIAL, IN A TABLE IT DISPLAYS 'CURRENT WINDS OF 90 NNW'  --- AND IF YOU TURN IT AGAIN IS DISPLAYS 'CURRENT WINDS OF 36 SE'   HOW CAN IT BE DONE TO DISPLAY BOTH WIND SPEEDS AND MORE AS YOU TURN THE DIAL WHILE KEEPING THE PREVIOUS WIND SPEEDS IN THE TABLE? -------- BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO MAKE A TABLE THAT DISPLAYS DIFFERENT RESPONSE.   LIKE WHEN I PRESS 'AGE' AND TYPE IN A NUMBER, IN THE TABLE IT WILL DISPLAY 'MY AGE IS "A NUMBER"'  AND IF I PRESS 'NAME' AND TYPE IN A NAME, IN THE TABLE IT WILL DISPLAY 'MY NAME IS "A NAME"' WHILE KEEPING THE PREVIOUS RESPONSE AND ALSO ADDING MORE RESPONSES AS NEEDED. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,328 Views)

Brian, I think you sent the wrong vi or responded to the wrong post.

Here is a vi that enters lines into a table.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 5 of 6
(2,322 Views)
lol, sorry I have too messy of  a desktop and click on the wrong vi, the one I sent doesn't have anything to do with what your doing. 
Here is the original I meant to send but TBOB's looks much better than mine anyway.

Sorry again, 
Brian

Message Edited by BrianPack on 07-20-2005 02:35 PM

Message 6 of 6
(2,318 Views)