LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Acquiring a Continuous Waveform from Siglent sds 1074 cfl

Hi,

I am new to LabView, I have been searching allover to find any information on acquiring  a continuous waveform from Siglent SDS1074 in to LabView.

After so much struggle I was able to have LabView Identify the scope via Visa using SCPI command (*IDN?).

My goal was to acquire a continuous waveform from the scope using the attached VI Bock Diagram image.  The SCPI command, according to the SDS1000 Programming Guide provided from the vendor, is “C1: WF?”.  

Running the attached VI shows a flat line with no errors.  When I randomly stop and start the program I seem to get the square wave from the scope, but it goes away in few seconds!

Please help, if anyone is familiar with VISA coding! 

Thanks in advance!Visa_Block_Diagram

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,737 Views)
Why are you reducing the waveform to a single point? Please provide the contents of the string you get back.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,732 Views)

Sorry about my ignorance, but how do get contents of the string?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,721 Views)
Create an indicator.

Do you do any basic debug at all before writing some code? A first step would be to test the commands in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,711 Views)

No decoding at all!  I am getting my bits and pices of info from youtube!  

Actually you asked the question I was pondering about.  To get somekind of reading from my VISA Read (read buffer) to see if I am getting something out of it!  Identifying the scope works acording this block diagramIdentify BlockDiagram.PNG

What kind of indicator do you suggest?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,708 Views)
You've got exactly one choice for an indicator. It's exactly the same type you used for the idn query.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,697 Views)

Cool i will try and reply with my result.

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,690 Views)

In MAX, VISA Test Panel, on the Input/Output option, Write gives no error; however, Read and Query give the below error:

"VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed." (*IDN?\n)

Sometime it shows the identification and sometimes it gives the above error!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,680 Views)