LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! three numeric control three booleans

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys, I really need your help. I am currently creating a program where I can select the button keys (A-Z and 0-9) from three numeric and use keyboard in order to turn the 3 individual respective booleans on to light up. I am working for a while now. Here's my program::manvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,735 Views)

Please post your code in 2009 version.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,731 Views)

Here it is the 2009 ver:Heart

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,728 Views)

You have to be more specific about your question what exactly you want to result?. Is it just lighting the booleans? what condition they have to be enabled and disabled?. Please explain

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 9
(2,725 Views)

There are some basic misunderstandings.

• You don't need events for the boolean indicators. Events are NOT triggerd by an indicator change, so they will never fire anyway.
  • you don't need any local variables here.
  • I don't think you need any shift registers.
  • Please don't give identical labels to the three boolean indicators. That causes really confusing code.
  • Keep the labels distinct. If you want identical labels on the front panel, display the caption instead.

I don't understand under which conditions the booleans should light up? Can you explain?

Message 5 of 9
(2,717 Views)

Sorry for not being specific. I am still a newbie in this. Smiley Sad The program will run like this. When I select 'a' from the numeric list and i press on the keyboard key 'a' , the unlit boolean will light up. When i press 'a' again, the lit boolean will unlight. While the program is still running, i still can select different key like '5' and the different key '5' will still toggle it when i pressed it. The three numeric and three booleans act accordingly. Here another similar program i also worked on it but it can only use the other keys. I need to select A-Z and 0-9. I just need it to light up. Smiley LOL

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,709 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tissue

@Tissue wrote:

When I select 'a' from the numeric list and i press on the keyboard key 'a' , the unlit boolean will light up. When i press 'a' again, the lit boolean will unlight. While the program is still running, i still can select different key like '5' and the different key '5' will still toggle it when i pressed it..

Try something like the attached (LabVIEW 2011).

Pressing one of the keys (case insensitive) will toggle the coresponding boolean. Changing the selection will clear all indicators. Modify as needed.

Message 7 of 9
(2,671 Views)

Slightly simpler.....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,659 Views)

Thanks a lot , Buddy!!! I love youHeart

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,654 Views)