LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required in boolean pallette

Solved!
Go to solution

I will acquire one pulsed signal through DAQ card in labview. Now what exactly I want is that whenever the pulse is High(+5v) it should give me True(Boolean Value) and when pulse is low(0v) it should give me False(Boolean Value). 

How this could be done in LabVIEW?

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,137 Views)

@ArunBiom wrote:

I will acquire one pulsed signal through DAQ card in labview. Now what exactly I want is that whenever the pulse is High(+5v) it should give me True(Boolean Value) and when pulse is low(0v) it should give me False(Boolean Value). 

How this could be done in LabVIEW?

Please Help.

Sounds like you will be doing quite a bit more than just a T/F based on a voltage level.  You probably should be at least take the LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ArunBiom

Are you using a Digital Input or an Analog Input on your DAQ?

If the Digital Input, you should just have a boolean comming out.

If the Analog Input, then use the Greater? function with your read value to compare it to some threshold.  2.5V is a typical threshold for a TTL signal (5V).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,109 Views)