From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help parsing UDP Packet

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author joe5213

Almost there! But there's no need for all the indicators and local variables. Make a copy of the MY_UDP indicator, change to a control, and wire it to the "type" input of Type Cast. Or, slightly better, make a constant instead from the MY_UDP indicator and use that for the type. It will be a large constant, but you can move it outside the loop if you don't want the loop to blow up.

Also, eventually you should make that cluster into a Type Definition (see the help) so that if it changes, you only need to update the type definition and it all the instances of it will be updated to match.

Message 11 of 15
(1,414 Views)

Thank you very, very much for all your help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,403 Views)

hi  nathand,

I have used UDP write and read in the LabVIEW palletes for my testing. It gives the data only, can i get the complete UDP Frame (Raw Data).

I have gone through this link http://www.ni.com/example/27660/en/ but in this example is the receiving the data , i also have to send in the same way .

Do we have any other way using the winpcap in LabVIEW.

inputs :

1. Data rate is 100 kbps.

will this be helpfull for me please help me.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks

Ikram

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,235 Views)
The built-in UDP functions provide only the data, which is by far the most common use case. I do not know of a library that allows you to manipulate raw packets, you'll have to do some searching to see what your options are. Why do you need raw access to the packets?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,206 Views)
Also, you should start a new thread, since you're responding to a post that was marked as solved over a year ago.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,202 Views)