From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed, with different data types/terminals

Solved!
Go to solution

I get the orror of different connecting two different types of data terminals. I know there is a context help which I have been viewing and also other posted topics on this matter. I still cannot figure out how to get the XY graph to work with my configuration. 
I'll post a screenshot for a more specific description of the problem. Basically a loop that will generate a number from 1 to 500 on the x-axis while generating the 10 logaritm of x as Y-axis. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,696 Views)

Please do not attach a picture of your code, but rather attach your actual VI.  We cannot see a picture so clearly, we cannot "try it ourselves", we cannot "edit it so we can figure out what you are doing".

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 5
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chrisus86

The XY Graph does not take 2d arrays in the cluster.  So first get rid of the Build Arrays.  Now I assume you actually want all of those integer values, so use another indexing tunnel to output them as an array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,662 Views)

Use this as example.

XY graph.png/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 5
(2,608 Views)

I got rid of the build arrays and i branch wired from the upper terminal to a third which now represent the new X-axis in auto-indexen tunnel, as you suggested. 
Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,581 Views)