From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with PXI DAQmx and NHR Battery Tester

Hello, I'm a completely noob with LabView and It's DAQ components. So if I'm saying something wrong with some obsecure terminologies, please go ahead and correct me.

I have a NHR Battery test system in my lab along with my DAQ device. The DAQ device is PXIe-1071 chasis, PXIe-8135 embedded controller with PXI-6254 and PXI-6733. I also have SCB-68A connected to my PXI-6254 and PXI-6733.

I run some tests with batteries and would like to record some voltage and current data using my DAQ. As far as i know, to use the PXI device, I have to

1. Create a project.

2. Include my PXI device in the project.

3. Place a VI in the DAQ device.

4. Design my VI and Run it.

I'm trying to follow this procedure. It works perfectly as long as i dont use the instruments drivers fir the NHR battery tester.

If i can not run the NHR battery teseter, there are no data to be recorded. and the VI does not run with the IVI drivers of the NHR equipment.

Has anyone ever ran into this sort of problem? What is the solution? Can you please suggest?

Temporarily I use a seperate VI which run on the DAQ device just to record data which i have to open manually. But this can not be a solution because i want to have real time control over the data that is fed to my DAQ device.

What am I doing wrong here. can anyone please suggest?

Ohh, I'm also attaching the Error message that i get while trying to deply a VI with NHR device IVI drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,553 Views)

Hi khalidkhan

Even though you say that you are completely new to LabVIEW, I think you did a pretty good job explaining yourself. We will probably require further information to get a better understanding on where the deployment issue might be coming from. You are right about the main steps that need to be taken to get your PXI cards to work

1. Create a project.
    2. Include my PXI device in the project.
    3. Place a VI in the DAQ device.
    4. Design my VI and Run it.

However, we have to be careful with step 3, since not every VI or file will be supported in the RT environment. For instance, from the screenshot that you sent, I can see that the error references to an NHR related .dll file. Are you trying to use the functions in theat dll from your RT PXI? If so, I think it is highly important to confirm that the dll can actually be executed in the RT OS. Please take a look at the next document for reference:

How Can I Verify That My DLL Is Executable in LabVIEW Real-Time on NI PharLap ETS?

Also, I am not completely clear on how are you communicating the PXI cards with the NHR. Is it a third party PXI card you have also in the PXI chassis? I apologize if this last detail was already mentioned in your post, if so, I probably missed it.

I hope it helps!

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,502 Views)

Hello WenR,

Thank you very much for giving me a good clue. I consider myself a beginner in LabView, comparing to the awesome people i see over internet/youtube providing training sessions.

Yes, I'm trying to use the functions of the NHR DLL file from the RT OS. I'm taking a look at your provided link. I'll let you know what happens to my situation.

The NHR hardware is connected seperately, directly to my PC over a LAN. The NHR hardware has it's own software/configuration on my PC.

The DLL file from NHR "talks" to it's hardware through it's own software, as far as i know, this is how the DLL file works.

With Regards,

Khalid.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,489 Views)