LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to build a VI for XPS

Dear All,

I am building a VI for acquiring data from X-ray Photoemission Spectroscopy instrument. I want a funcation that the data can display on the graph during each scan process and that the data has been added by the previous scanned y-value at the same x-axis. Do you know how to realize this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Hello,
I don't have a VI for you, but I'll try to give you some ideas.
Of course, first you will need to use DAQ VIs to acquire the data. You will probably have a loop with one scan process per loop iteration. In that case, just put a chart inside the loop and the new data will be added to the chart. The data will be plotted starting at the last scanned x-axis point, and the plot line will continue from the previous y point. If the new scan doesn't start until the user presses a button on the front panel, then you should use event driven programming. I have included a simple example that will plot new data after the user hits a Boolean. The new data is added to the chart.

You might want to search on google for LabVIEW and xps to see if someone else ha
s implemented some VI to use with xps.

Zvezdana S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot open your attachment since I am using Labview 6.0. But I really appreciate your ideas.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Does the XPS have a serial port or some other type of communications port? Who is the vendor and what is the model number of the instrument? You may be able to use NI-VISA to connect to and control this instrument. Perhaps I can be of more assistance if you can provide more details about the instrument.

Jason Hobbs
Instrument Drivers
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Hi,

The device that we are using is NI-DAQ (PCI-6035E).

Thanks a lot!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,652 Views)
Unfortunately, LabVIEW 6.0 didn't have event structures, so you will have to use polling to determine if the user clicked on the Boolean.
I have included a modified 6.0 version VI, that uses the case structure insread of events.
Zvezdana S.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,652 Views)