From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed by Good Samaritans for info on Drivers for RS232 / USB ports.

Dear all,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to read my message.

I would like to ask all you proffesional LV developer how difficult it might be to write the drivers for a bluetooth-RS232(or for a Wireless LAN ethernet/USB access point) device using LV. Would it be better to write the drivers in C++?
I have finished the LV Basics 1&2, though we did not learn something helpfull for my case.
Are there any usefull examples i should look at?

The signal transmitted would have a data rate of about 0.5MBbs and the LV program would just display and store the data.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,192 Views)

Bogiasac

Couple of quick points then I will allow the LV Community to reply to the specifics.  From NI's point of view we would recommend that you use the development language that you feel most confident in, so if you are a C++ guru then use C++.  Another point, you mention that you attended the LV Basic training classes.  I conclude from your comments that you were looking for specific training (while attending did you raise this with instructor at the time?), these training classes are an introduction to the LV environment and set out the ground rules how to best develop a LV application.  Our intermediate courses go into greater detail into advanced LV features - though for some this is still not deep enough (future developments in that for LV 8.0 users soon).  If you are looking for specific training please contact our Training Co-ordinator in the UK and she will be happy to advice.

On the Bluetooth question, LV has Bluetooth tools built in.  These can be found in the Communication palate under Bluetooth (this depends on which version of LV you have, Base or FDS). Please use these VIs to develop you Bluetooth application.  There are 9 Bluetooth examples shipped with LV, these can be found by using the “find examples” in the help menu.

Kind regards

Joe

NIUK

Message 2 of 2
(2,172 Views)