LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in loading a lower LV version Source distribution as a plugin GUI in higher LV version EXE

Hi,

I have an EXE GUI and I load a source distribution as plugin GUI in this EXE GUI. I have built both EXE GUI and source distribution in LV2010 and it is working fine. Now I am planning to upgrade both EXE GUI and source distribution version to LV2014. When I tried loading the old source distributions which were built in LV2010 in the new version EXE (LV2013), it is not loading the Plugin GUI as expected. When I tried probing in the LabVIEW code, I get an error message saying "Labview load error code 11: VI version(10.0) cannot be converted to the current LabVIEW version (13.0.1f5) because it has no block diagram". I need to fix this issue. 

Error.png

Thanks & Regards,

Dhivya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,396 Views)
It seems you saved this plug-in without a block diagram as it says. You will need the original code with block diagrams in order to upgrade. No way around that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)

That's the way it works with plugin VIs for exes: the plugin VIs need to be in the same LV version as the exe because they are loaded in the exe context, meaning they run in the corresponding run-time engine (in your case in the Run-time 2013). Even saving the LV 2010 plugins with diagram won't help since the run-time engine can't convert VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,367 Views)