LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help extracting values from outports

Solved!
Go to solution

All, I have a very simple model where I am loading a Simulink dll into LabView to extract the values of the parameters used in the dll and the output value. The output in the Simulink model is connected through NiVeriStand Out1. I am not able to figure out the blocks I need to use to extract the values and display them in LabView. Any help is appreciated. I am uploading the VI and the dll

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Anyone out there who knows how to display outport values in LabVIEW? I can display the outport name but not able to figure out how to display the value

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,312 Views)

Hi pk68,

Could you clarify the jump you're having trouble making? It looks like you've got the Get OutPort.vi, which should display the value of the outport. Are you having difficulty with getting the inputs to that VI?

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,289 Views)

Hi William,

I have updated the model to include "Take Model Timestep.vi" However I still have trouble displaying the outport value. The simulink model runs standalone and shows the correct output value. However I want to display that in LabView since that is the first step of my work. It may be an issue with getting the inputs to the VI but I am not sure. I am attaching the updated model along with the dll and a screen shot of the Simulink model here. Appreciate your help. The dll is a win32 dll built with Matlab 2015b

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pk68

I solved this issue. Apparently I need to use the native Simulink output block in my Simulink model. I was using the NIVeristand Out1 block since I thought that is needed to make the Simulink model talk to LabVIEW. I really don't know why this is the case, but it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,263 Views)