LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help consolidating VI

I have made the attached VI using LabVIEW 2010. It gets a value from a NI FP module, compares this value to an upper limit. If the first value exceeds the upper limit, then the indicator starts flashing. After 10 seconds (this will be closer to 5 minutes in the final version) it initiates a program "mydialogic" which makes a phone call alerting someone of the situation. I have to write this for approximately 30 different signals and don't want to duplicate the code 30 times. I have tried subvi's without success. Could someone please help me consolidate this code so it can be duplicated easily? I thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,586 Views)

I'm Trying to help... please don't think of me as a grumpy person.  Some things might sound hars but are intended to find root causes by pealing away some chaff.

Let's go here:

Capture.PNG

There are some logic problems:  If FALSE then False? If TRUE then False?  If TRUE then "4 else 0"?  those "Selects"  are killing you! (Really did you need to select "0" or "4" to drive a two case case structure?) The other Selects are just as pointless!

Lets clean some of that up and then we can approach this code in a more readable manner that does not require Crtl+Shift+N.  OK?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(2,577 Views)

That's a great suggestion, thank you. I was able to put and gates instead, which cleans it up a bit. See attachment. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,553 Views)