LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help about example

I'm a beginner LabView user and I have a question about example that called "Arbitary Waveform Generator".
In this example when I push a button (ex. Creat from Library), appear a window. So I don't understand why. In program code I don't see when the new window called.
Can you help me in this question?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,452 Views)
Hi

Of course there is a vi, that opens as a new window. I circled the vi in the attached picture.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,449 Views)
becktho
OK. But I don't inderstand how it will work. I don't understand why this window open, when I not see function, example, that it doing.
How this window opening? Maybe it some options...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,438 Views)
If you right-click on the vi, select "SubVI Node Setup" and a new window opens. There you can set options for the vi to open if called.
You can also set this options in the VI properties.

Thomas

Message Edited by becktho on 09-21-2005 10:46 AM

Using LV8.0
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,436 Views)
becktho
Thank you. It's really simple.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,428 Views)

And I have another question about this.

When window of another subVI is calles, as in example, rest of the program continue executed or paused? Can I control it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,422 Views)
Hello,

Normal dataflow principles are sustained.  That is, if you have code in parallel with the subVI you show the front panel for, that parallel code will execute and continue to execute as your subVI does.  You can test this quickly by putting a while loop in parallel with just your subVI - you can run the program in highlighted execution (slow motion) to see that your while loop will continue executing (perhaps create an indicator from the iteration variable to see something) even after your subVI is called and it's front panel is shown.  If you have outputs from that subVI (the one you're showing the front panel of), however, then as usual any code which depends on those outputs will wait for your subVI to complete (ie. when you click a stop button or whatever terminates that subVI that you've shown the front panel of).

Ok, I hope that helps and clarifies things!  Again, I encourage you to build a little example; examples are often the best way to see things, especially in LabVIEW!

Thank you,

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,394 Views)