LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help..Record the noise waveform in CRO.. within a every 5min in 30mins.

Solved!
Go to solution

As l am a new user in labview. and there is a small part of my project and need to write a mini programme. 

l need to connect to a oscillscope and record the data in every 5min in 30mins that mean 6 data . and show the average value 

in a text file and the final graph in the labview screen ..
l really need a help .. thanks for everyone to give me a simialir example to refer .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,813 Views)

You need to specify more than connect to an O'scope. Connect how, usb, serial, GPIB, telepathically? What kind of scope? Record what data? Record the data in every 5 minutes? What do you mean, every 5 minutes, take a snap shot? Record the data for 5 minutes (a big difference in amount of data captured), you need to be more specific, not just to tell us, but to understand yourself what it is you need to do. Then we can begin to help steer you in the right direction. We won't write the program for you though.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 18
(2,803 Views)

sorry for my poor explaination.. as l am not good at english and those term.
The o'scope will be connected with usb .it is a tektronix 1001B. TDS.

There will be a wavefrom input which changing with time with a certain shape.

l need to record the  waveform at that moment in every 5mins lasting for 30mins. which mean the Y-axis value
There is a problem l met. the text file which l save only saved the last one set of data.

and l don know how to use a button to control the record start.

here l want to say sorry for the previous not clear question

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,799 Views)

If you have code that you have written that you can post it will make it easier to help you.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,791 Views)

The tektronix 100B continuous wavefrom is reference from it driver. and it is the USB connection to the O'scope
The keep correcting.vi is which l am trying to write a progamme which can put into the while loop of the Tektronix wavefrom.vi 

to take the data from the CRO.
l am not sure the way l am trying to write is correct or not.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,787 Views)

You do not have to be sorry about your previous question. We know that it is not easy for a beginner to know how to start a new project. So don't worry, we are going to help you. Smiley Happy

For controlling your oscilloscope, you can download its driver :

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=9072

(Once installed, you will probably have the possibility to find some LabVIEW examples for controlling the oscilloscope).

From your message, I understand that you started to work on a VI ? Can you please join a ZIP of your project in your next messages ?

Message 6 of 18
(2,783 Views)

Oups sorry ! You have posted 2 messages while I was typing mine. So, forget my previous message ! ^^

Message 7 of 18
(2,780 Views)

below the vi is what l was tried

But l still cant get the idea how to collect the average data and output it

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,775 Views)

Here is something to help you...(see file attached)

Note that the architecture I propose is not perfect at all ! It would have been better using a while loop whith an event structure inside it in order to intercept user interface events (a clic on start or stop button for instance), and a synchronization technique (notifier, FIFO) to transmit these events to another while loop in charge of acquisition process. But considering the fact that you are a beginner at LV, I prefered doing something more simple.

I strongly recommend that you look for LV courses on NI website. Self-learning will not be quick and easy, but it's the only way for you to improve if nobody knows LV around you.

Good luck ! 🙂

J.

Message 9 of 18
(2,725 Views)

hi julien, l really thanks for you help, and l have starting to read the teaching VI on NI website. it is really useful. Thanks a lots.

but l met a problem, my labview version is 10. 

l cannot open those VI which posted by you

. is there any possible way l can do to read it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,698 Views)