cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help (Getting stuck)

Solved!
Go to solution

/Sigh

Another problem sorry, that inclusion didn't stop the VI. Even when I was changing the values when it was running continuously. (Terminal is set on 'Stop If True')

Shouldn't the VI stop instantly if I ran it at that higher value?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(437 Views)

Should the event structure be included in some way so it's not checking for the case all the time (Less CPU intensive)? 

EDIT: It works when it runs once, just not continuously.

Sorry if I'm bugging you too much, but I learn/retain information a milion times quicker with independent tutoring (I generally gain, more essential, concise feedbacks). Sometimes searching all over on the internet don't give the most ideal answers. xD

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(429 Views)

@Aseri wrote:

EDIT: It works when it runs once, just not continuously.

"Run continuously" is a debugging tool and not the correct way to run a VI. It basically restarts the VI whenever it completes. (this is mostly useful to troubleshoot subVIs that don't contain a loop standalone

I don't quite understant what you expect to happen. What should happen if the value is exceeded? What should happen if the stop button is pressed?

No, the event structure does not do anything useful here at all.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(417 Views)

Down the track, I'll be replacing the test value slide with something that'll give values at  particular range of rates. (Not static like it currently is)

When this will be the case, could event structures be used then so it's not polling to compare numbers? (And therefore when it will stop)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(409 Views)

In order to read updated values, you need to poll and repeat the comparison at regular intervals, no matter where the values are coming from. Events are to handle interactions by the user on the front panel. You cannot have an event for the outcome of a comparison operation.

What is the "something" that gives new values at regular intervals?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(405 Views)

If I'm not mistaked, a U12 Labjack. Giving values of either 0V or 5V.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(400 Views)