LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble in communication with Gated Integrator SR245 via GPIB;

Hello All,

I am having problem in communicating with our SR245 through GPIB, and I was hoping that I could resolve this issue here.

Currently, MAX can identify the instrument and its address, however it can not recieve any response when I try to write any command. It repeatedly gives the error "iberr = EABO".

I also tried VISA test panel. It returns "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed." for "*IDN?\n".

I have downloaded the driver for SR245 from NI website, and have added to the instr.lib folder, so far.

I am using Labview 12 right now, and I have this problem only with the SR245.

I would appreciate your help, in advance.

Thanks,

Best,

Zahra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,905 Views)
The command does not exist for the instrument so you should be getting a timeout. You can only use commands that are in the manual. Try ?S. Be sure to append the correct termination characters that you have set the instrument to use.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,891 Views)

Here is a link to the manual that includes all of the commands for the Gated Integrator SR245.  The list of commands for the device are included on page 55 of the users manual.

SR245 Users Manual

http://www.thinksrs.com/downloads/PDFs/Manuals/Boxcarm.pdf

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,841 Views)

Thank you for your responses.

Actually, I have tried the commands in the manual; without any success, though.

I tried ?8\cr, ?8, ?8\r, etc.

In fact, the front panel LEDs do not blink at all; based on the manual, they should flash during send/recieve commands! They blink for a second when I turn the instrument on, which is a good sign that they are still alive!

Best,

Zahra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,831 Views)
The command ?8 does not exist either.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,822 Views)

Please look through the device users manual that I provided a link to and try EXACTLY the commands listed on page 40 of the users manual under SETUP & OPERATION.  For example, one command you could try is reading the voltage at input port 8.  The command for this is:        ?8<cr>

Please be sure to type the command EXACTLY as it is listed above.  

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,796 Views)

I just wanted to inform you that my problem has been solved.

It was not due to the command, though. It still does not communicate with MAX.

I suppose after adding the driver to labview path, now I can use the VIs for communication.

Thank You,

Best,

Zahra

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,789 Views)