LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone developed a LabView or LabWindows/CVI appliction to remotely control and monitor radio receivers?

We need to control and monitor radio receivers in various remote locations over the Internet. I would like to talk with someone who has done something similar to find out how big of a job it is.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,799 Views)
I can't say that I have done it before, so I cannot speak with experience. I have used both languages and NI's boards and might can give you an idea of what to expect. It sounds possible with both languages. What do you have in mind in controlling the reciever? Can it be controled electronically or are there physical knobs that need turning? How do you want the user to control your program?

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,799 Views)
You don't mention whether your locked in to a particular model of receiver or many specifics and I haven't done it, but...

Someone appears to have done it and is business doing it. I ran across something called WinRadio earlier this week while surfing LabView search hits @ http://www.winradio.com/home/labview.htm.

These are PC ISA card radio receivers or stand alone 'bricks' that interface via RS-232. The front panel graphics for the LV drivers at the above link appear rudimentary, but besides the LabView drivers there is a SDK and API for 16 and 32 bit Windows. They also mentioned that it was controllable over a LAN. (http://www.winradio.com/home/cso.htm)

Not sure about specs/performance/price? (RF is not my thing). You may find it useful. Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
(2,799 Views)
I recently downloaded the Labview driver for winradio.  Unfortunately, it is written in Labview 5.1 and can not be opened with Labview 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,431 Views)

Well, if you want help in converting it, you should have attached it to your post.

It would have made more sense to create a new thread and just asking for help (and doing the attachment). A quick search would also have shown numerous requests to convert very old code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,426 Views)

Papale wrote:
I recently downloaded the Labview driver for winradio.  Unfortunately, it is written in Labview 5.1 and can not be opened with Labview 8.6.

Here it is in LabVIEW 7.1 format. But I'm not impressed by the"driver".

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,394 Views)