LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone created a lottery number generator within Labview & if so can I have a copy please?

I would like to study the program of a lottery number generator for Labview if anyone has created or knows where I can get this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,798 Views)
I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, but I put together a VI which picks numbers for the Texas Lotto. It won't improve odds of winning any more than buying a ticket, but maybe it's what you are looking for. It just picks random numbers between 0 and 59. Good luck!
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,798 Views)
Forgot to attach it! Here it is. I don't suggest it would ever pick a winning number, only random numbers between 0 and 59.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,798 Views)
Hi JRA, Thanks for the lotto picker but unfortunately I am running Labview ver 6.0 & your vi is of ver 6.2. I have attatched a vi that I cobbled together for you to look at, it does the same as yours but would still like to see how yours works in comparison to mine. If you can re-attatch your file as a ver 6.0 vi I would like to see how it works.

Best Regards, Radgie Rabbit
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,798 Views)
Here you go, Radgie. I saved it back to 6.0.2 for you. This should work. Let me know if you've got any more questions about it.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,798 Views)

Wow, my vi is close to yours, but I have a different problem: I set mine up to generate a door prize-winning "powerball," but my issue is how can I get the array to show each number in a different cell in the array, rather than in every cell at the same time. I think I need an array constant somewhere, but with a while loop in the for loop, I can't seem to come up with the desired operation.

Here's a copy of my vi and a pic of the "spaghetti"

Also, I'm running on my version 9 student edition.

Thanks for any help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,430 Views)

@hungryhobbit wrote:

Wow, my vi is close to yours, but I have a different problem: ....

One problem is that you make duplicate posts. Please keep it all in one place.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,393 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@hungryhobbit wrote:

Wow, my vi is close to yours, but I have a different problem: ....

One problem is that you make duplicate posts.

Another is resurecting a 11 year old thread.  Not a record but still.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,327 Views)