LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone any experiance of communication with grundfos pump via GENIbus.

I have been struggling with communication with a grundfos MGE motor. I have copies of the GENIbus protocol and example telegrams with CRCs already calculated i transmit the telegram but dont get the expected reply. Also i have tried to calulate the CRC for my self but it turns out totally different to the one in the examples, this also didnt get the expected reply.

Also within the telegram is a sourse address for the GENIbus master. Does anyone know if this address matters. do i have to know the address for the master which i assume is the COM port on my PC that the RS484 converter is connected?

Download All
Message 1 of 11
(9,000 Views)

RS485

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,995 Views)

Hi bwc1,

Regarding your issue, I have some questions to help me better understand the problem. When you say that you have 'example telegrams' are you referring to example LabVIEW VI's? How are you communicating from the LabVIEW VI to the grundfos motor? I am unfamiliar with the hardware and its operation. 

Are you following an example tutorial or something similar which goes through communication with the motor or is this something that you're doing on your own? 

With regards to calculating the CRC, have you done so by writing the attached VI? How does this VI relate to the example that you followed? 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(8,936 Views)

Hi thankyou fo your reply,

The telegrams are within the manual that i attached to my original query.

Also Your post has no vi attached

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,931 Views)

Hi,

I was actually referring to the VI that you had attached, crc.vi. What is the purpose of this VI? Is it to communicate with the motor? When you were using previously calculated CRC's, were you using example LabVIEW code? Can you please explain the functioning of this VI?  

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,912 Views)

The communication to the Pump is VIA RS485 using the grundfos GENIbus protocol. The VI that i have attached is one that will NOT calculate the correct CRC. The method of calculating the CRC is explained in the GENIbus protocol Attached (this is a data packet protocol i think). The RS485 converter is attached to a serial port on PC.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,908 Views)

Did you base your LabVIEW code off of Page 7 of the second attachment? I personally have little experience with text based programming. The discrepancies between your LabVIEW code and the script within the manual should be reviewed.

Furthermore, I have no experience with this hardware and have no access to it, so it is difficult for me to find where exactly the issue lies. Based on the fact that you've managed to communicate with the device, but are receiving incorrect results, implies that you're using drivers that are inappropriate. Have you developed your own serial drivers? I have been unable to find relevant drivers. 

If you have any specific questions relating to serial communication, I will be able to help you with that, but unfortunately because I'm not familiar with the hardware that you have, I won't be able to provide much advice dealing with it. 

Members of the community have a range of experience with different hardware, so perhaps someone with knowledge of your device will be able to assist you further. 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,902 Views)

I doubt you still need help with the problem, but i w ould just lik e to state that i can probally help if needed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,554 Views)

Dear LynG3,

thank you for your reply, actually now I need some introduction how to communicate with grundfos TPE2D via LabView.

1) As I undersand, I need to setup RS485 connection and use GENIbus protocol to communicate. Could you please refer me to the documentation of the protocol? Do you have example VI's that you can chare with me?

2) Have you expirience - how to better deal with all other connection in the pump (I mean other analog and/or digital ports. there are some of them)?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,327 Views)
UPD: GENIbus is not open protocol. One need to contact with grundfos to get info on GENIbus to ModBus converter and map for ModMus
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,304 Views)